Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Father's Day

I could not have drawn up a better father for Grant. I am amazed everyday.

I was in labor for over 8 hours and had to push for almost 3. Brandon was by my side every second, encouraging me. He was SO excited when Grant finally arrived.

Grant had to be rushed to the NICU and Brandon stayed by his side.

Brandon went through a lot the next few days. Having your wife rushed to emergency surgery, then in the ICU, while your baby is in the NICU probably wasn't a walk in the park.

He took such good care of Grant while Mommy was sick. I will never be able to fully express my gratitude for him being there while I couldn't. I think I changed 1 diaper the whole week we were in the hospital (and no, it wasn't the nurses, it was Brandon!)


I was so weak for the next few months and Brandon was so supportive. He took care of Grant every other night, even though he had to get up at 6 am for work. I was so upset and ashamed that I wasn't able to nurse, and Brandon didn't even think twice about it and told me it was completely fine.
I know so many people who's husbands never change their kid's diapers, or offer to babysit, or put the kids to bed. Brandon is the complete opposite. I would feel so comfortable leaving Grant with Brandon for any amount of time because I know he would probably take better care of him than me ;) Just last night, I went to bed with a really soar throat and Brandon got up with Grant at 4, 5 and 6am while I slept. And today was the first day he has taken off (and would've been able to sleep in) in months!


He and Grant BOTH get so excited when they see the other walk into the room. I just love watching them play and snuggle.

I am so grateful to be married to such a loving, sweet, hard working, gentle man. And for the example that he is to Grant of what a REAL man is.

Love you, babe! Happy First Father's Day!


1 comments:

michiganbliss said...

Beautiful post. Wonderful guy.