Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Perfect for me...

I just wanted to write about my sweet husband tonight. He is the most amazing thing that could've happened to me. (Get ready for the cheese :) Today is just one example of all that he does for me: he wakes up at 6am and goes out into the FREEZING cold to the dairy. Grant usually sleeps until around 9 but today he was up and ready to go at 7:30. We all know I'm NOT morning person so I was not happy with this. I basically just laid him in bed with me and watched cartoons. Then when B came home for breakfast he could tell I was tired and took Grant out for me and fed him and let me sleep another hour. I had a rough day with Grant, he has been doing naughty things lately, not eating anything, follows me around on my heels alll day, and shattered one of my tree ornaments. When B came home from work he changed a poopy diaper (which just occurred, I promise I change my kid's diaper ;) and watched Grant for me so I could shower, (which is rare that I get to shower uninterrupted..Grant is always trying to climb in with me) Then after dinner, I was super frustrated cuz Grant would not eat anything except corn and cheese (suggestions for teaching your baby to not be a picky eater??) and then just started chucking his food all over the kitchen. I was done with it all and just went to my room to be alone. The next thing I know, Brandon has done the dishes, cleaned up, gave Grant his sippy cup, changed his diaper, and was coming in so I could kiss Grant goodnight. As I type this I can hear him singing and rocking Grant to sleep. I get teary eyed just thinking about all he does for me every day and literally without one word of complaint. He is the most selfless person I know and I still have no idea how I got so lucky...and why he wanted to marry this lazy bum :)

It bugs me when girl's seem to be in competition like "No, I have the best husband ever!" We all obviously think that about our husbands. But mine is just perfect for me :)

3 comments:

Katie and Eric said...

Brandon is great. About Grant not eating that is very common at that age. I just always keep offering everything we are eating and eventually they starting eating again. Also my kids at that age would eat one meal really good and then they wouldn't eat much the rest of the day. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow! Brandon is awesome! What a great husband and so clearly perfect for you! :)

Angelique said...

Dougie was the same at that age. But now he does pretty well and only sometimes throws his food on the floor. :) Good luck!