Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby Update

So, today I went back to the doctor for my non-stress test and another ultrasound. Everything looked great! They think he is probably just a skinny baby. They're still going to do the tests once a week to keep an eye on him. The fluid measurements are all normal (they were worried he wasn't getting enough nourishment from me). As of right now, he is healthier inside of my belly than he would be if they induced me and tried to care for him in the nursery. So... that's all good news. Let's just pray that he packs some lbs on in these last few weeks!
Not dilated at all and his exact words were "yeah, nothing is going on down there. You'll probably be pregnant for a while still" Haha great. Part of me is so ready to be done being preggo and wants to meet this lil guy...but the other part is freaking out and not quite ready to be a mommy!

Will I ever be??

6 comments:

Gwen said...

I remember when my dr checked me when I was 40 weeks pregnant with Lydia and his comment was "yeah, your body has no idea is supposed to be having a baby soon". I cried ;)
Definitely keep that little guy in there for as long as possible! My friend that I was telling you about yesterday (the one who delivered at 37 weeks) I found out today that her baby was only 5 lbs 1 oz and is still in the nicu because he's not eating well. She's been released and has to go back and forth to visit. Her story has made me a little more patient this for this last week!!!

**DiXoNs** said...

Ha ha I know the feeling! I want him out but then he still needs to bake!

Alisa said...

glad to hear things are looking good. ah....i remember being at that stage where i just wanted owen to be here, for the same reasons your said. good luck!

Katie and Eric said...

Glad to hear that things look good with Grant. He will be here before you know it. Good luck and know that we are thinking of you. We are so glad that we will be out there and get to see you guys. Love ya!:)

Garrick, Holly & fam. said...

Thanks for the update. Good to hear he's doing well.

Angelique said...

He's going to be here so soon! Stock up on snacks (string cheese, crackers, carrots) and bottled water. I was always so hungry and soooo thirsty when I was nursing (wait are you nursing?). It made it easy to just grab it and sit down to feed the baby and snack at the same time. :) Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of this little guy.