Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sad News :(

I have some sad news to share. One of our new kitties "D-Will" is dead :( Before I left today, I checked all over the garage looking for them. They like to hide under the car and usually run out when I turn the car on, but they didn't. I figured they were just hiding somewhere in the garage from the scary construction guys building our new roof. So I slowly backed out of the garage and drove away. I looked in my mirror and saw a kitty lying in the road. My heart stopped. I whipped around and realized it was one of ours...in a pool of blood. He must have been up in the car or in the wheel somehow and fell out. I immediately started bawling and called Brandon. So lucky that he is so close and was able to come home to comfort me and take care of the body. I feel so awful. Now Nash is all alone with no one to play with.
Excuse me while I go cry some more...

3 comments:

Ben and Robbie and family said...

So sad. I'm so sorry! Our cat lives in our garage, and just had kittens. A few weeks ago, I was backing into our garage so Ben could unload the van (from my trip to WalMart). He was trying to tell me to stop, but didn't in time, and I accidentally ran over one of our baby kitties. :( So sad....then Lucky got hit by a truck and died a few days ago. We are not good pet owners.


P.S. Good luck in the last few days of your pregnancy. Everyone always told me to enjoy it because they're so much easier to take care of while they're inside you, but it's SOOO much more fun to be dead tired (from long nights with the baby) but not pregnant/and finally have a baby to hold. He'll be here soon, and we can't wait!

Unknown said...

OH nooo! Linds that sounds like something I would do. I ran over a bunny once on my way to seminary and cried all day :( So sorry!!!

Jason said...

Better it be D-Will than Nash ;)